Just upgraded my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alwyzdreamin04

So I pretty much bought a new computer...but its still considered as an upgrade. I bought new mobo, cpu and ram, and a case. I put it all together but i put my hard drive in it. And it booted up normally so I assumed everything is put together right. BUT...i got a message saying cpu ratio has changed and i need to put in the cpu info and floppy disk fail. I didn't put the floppy disk in the new computer. But I put in my os cd to reformat the hard drive, and it won't boot from the cd. Is there something I can do to get this to all run right? I mean, so I can either make it boot from the cd or get to at least boot up completely before I reformat? I thought about putting the hard drive back in my computer and reformatting it but not putting the OS on it. Would that be a good thing to do? Would the computer boot up saying "No Operating System?" Enough rambling, what do you guys think I should do?

that's quite strange, i've not heard of this before.

when did you get the message, e.g. in windows or still in dos mode, and what windows do you have?

Daveskater said:
that's quite strange, i've not heard of this before.

when did you get the message, e.g. in windows or still in dos mode, and what windows do you have?

After the biostar logo shows up, it gives me the message. Its the part right before it does the post.
ive got windows xp home.
I guess it doesn't help that my computer told me my cpu temp was 75 degrees celcius....which is way too high last time I checked.

yeah that is pretty hot :D

i'll see if i can think of what could help but somebody else might get here before me (i expect tedster or howard ;)) so we'll see how it goes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back