Juul has stopped the sale of its mint-flavored vapes

midian182

Staff member
In brief: Juul, an industry leader in the e-cigarette market, is stopping sales of its mint-flavored vape products after a study showed they were especially popular among teen users.

As reported by CNBC, studies by the Journal of the American Medical Association found that more than half of the teenagers that vaped used Juul, with mint being the most popular flavor among high school kids.

In a statement, Juul said that in light of the studies, it would immediately stop accepting orders from retail partners for mint pods in the US and will cease selling the pods through its website.

“These results are unacceptable and that is why we must reset the vapor category in the U.S. and earn the trust of society by working cooperatively with regulators, Attorneys General, public health officials, and other stakeholders to combat underage use. We will support the upcoming FDA flavor policy and will follow the PMTA process,” said CEO K.C. Crosthwaite.

Strangely, the same study noted that menthol-flavored vapes were also popular among young users, but Juul is still selling those products. It also sells Virginia tobacco and classic tobacco flavors.

With the number of vaping-related lung injuries now past 2,000, Juul recently suspended the sale of its fruity flavor pods— mango, creme, fruit, and cucumber. It has also stopped advertising in the United States.

Back in September, the FDA said it would ban all flavored vapes as more cases of the lung illness appeared. An announcement on the ban is expected to arrive soon.

Permalink to story.

Can't say it's a bad thing especially since that whistle blower revealed that Juul knowingly released over a million contaminated doses of their material but if it's less of an incentive for younger people to smoke it's a good thing, There is yet to be recorded a single instance where a persons life and health were improved due to smoking .....

JUUL knows that teens vape for the head buzz, not the flavor. Now teens will vape tobacco flavor to get high, making an actual gateway effect to smoking tobacco. This is a win win for JUUL, aka Altria. This will have little effect on their vape sales and will increase sales of cigarettes. (As statistics have already shown in states which have enacted vape flavor bans)

If anyone cares enough to take a moment to learn the truth:

How is it my problem that children smoke these. Mint flavor has been my choice for years and now I have no access to them due to parents unable to control their "children." There are Juul compatible pods all over the internet. Guess I will buy from a company that is not regulated in the United States. That should be safe for all of Juul's adult users.

JUUL knows that teens vape for the head buzz, not the flavor. Now teens will vape tobacco flavor to get high, making an actual gateway effect to smoking tobacco. This is a win win for JUUL, aka Altria. This will have little effect on their vape sales and will increase sales of cigarettes. (As statistics have already shown in states which have enacted vape flavor bans)

Glad I don't live in the US. That's some shady curruption going on there. In the uk pharmaceutical companies who produce nicotine gums and other smoking cessation aids tell their reps to bad mouth vaping to clinical staff in our hospitals and clinics as they are losing revenue to vaping but unlike the US they have no political clout to pull off any shady tactics such as those shown in that vid.

Why is smoking even a thing in the first place? a lot of the popular shows I've seen watch teens and adults smoking and drinking. depending on the type of show, people can't even have a conversation without lighting up. discussing business? Bring out the alcohol. Stressed? Smoke and alcohol. Celebrating? Smoke and alcohol. Argument scene? Forget it. Even in that joke movier that ended up being popular, seemed like the guy was smoking in every other scene. Is it just a crutch for directors for adding "atmosphere"?

Speculation, opinion, drama. Oh my! Such an interesting definition of truth.

Speculation, opinion, drama. Oh my! Such an interesting definition of truth.
I might think that too if I hadn't followed this particular industry for a decade. If you really think the government cares about your health, why don't they ban cigarettes that kill 480,000 people each year in the US (over 7,000,000 worldwide)? It couldn't have anything to do with the billions of dollars lining their pockets.

I might think that too if I hadn't followed this particular industry for a decade. If you really think the government cares about your health, why don't they ban cigarettes that kill 480,000 people each year in the US (over 7,000,000 worldwide)? It couldn't have anything to do with the billions of dollars lining their pockets.
IMO, with declining cigarette sales, the government will wake up eventually.

@MaXtor Perhaps looking at this as "government" is not the best way forward. As in all of politics, there are politicians behind these policies. It seems that perhaps the only way things will change is for the politician's constituents speaking up and demanding change.

It is with deep self loathing that I find myself compelled to get involved with yet another mindless, endless, thread, about vaping. Yet here I am.

The fed makes a huge tax revenue off of tobacco products.

The surgeon general of the US posts the most extreme warnings against the use of cigarettes on the packages. Yet people buy them anyway.

All of you, almost to a person, don't want "a nanny state". Yet you think tobacco should be outlawed. What exactly would that accomplish? Wait, I know this answer, start a black market for tobacco products, just like banning alcohol did in the past.

IMO, people today can't even conceive of taking responsibility for their own actions. Sic, "The government is making me smoke because they won't ban tobacco". While they toddle off to blow clouds of smoke in each others faces.

Anyway, population worldwide is out of control. So what difference does smoking killing several million people a year off make, against the several billion too many we already have?

People are living longer, prescription drug costs are out of control, and Medicare is going broke, but y'all still think the government is obligated to save people from their own stupidity.

ADDENDUMB: This is another one of those threads which will get dozens of replies. More than likely more posts than a thread directly relating to computers

YET, it has absolutely nothing to do with computers.

So now tell me, why aren't any of you noobs, running your yaps, berating the staff writers for not doing their jobs correctly? Are you too high on vape fumes to notice? :rolleyes:

FWIW staff, I really enjoy this type of thread, but then I don't have a gaming or vaping addiction to contend with.

Last edited:
It is with deep self loathing that I find myself compelled to get involved with yet another mindless, endless, thread, about vaping. Yet here I am.

The fed makes a huge tax revenue off of tobacco products.

The surgeon general of the US posts the most extreme warnings against the use of cigarettes on the packages. Yet people buy them anyway.

All of you, almost to a person, don't want "a nanny state". Yet you think tobacco should be outlawed. What exactly would that accomplish? Wait, I know this answer, start a black market for tobacco products, just like banning alcohol did in the past.

IMO, people today can't even conceive of taking responsibility for their own actions. Sic, "The government is making me smoke because they won't ban tobacco". While they toddle off to blow clouds of smoke in each others faces.

Anyway, population worldwide is out of control. So what difference does smoking killing several million people a year off make, against the several billion too many we already have?

People are living longer, prescription drug costs are out of control, and Medicare is going broke, but y'all still think the government is obligated to save people from their own stupidity.

ADDENDUMB: This is another one of those threads which will get dozens of replies. More than likely more posts than a thread directly relating to computers

YET, it has absolutely nothing to do with computers.

So now tell me, why aren't any of you noobs, running your yaps, berating the staff writers for not doing their jobs correctly? Are you too high on vape fumes to notice? :rolleyes:

FWIW staff, I really enjoy this type of thread, but then I don't have a gaming or vaping addiction to contend with.
(Not to contribute to the mess that you so rightly conclude will likely happen and speaking as one who quite smoking in 1987 via cold turkey means and survived the physical symptoms) I absolutely agree that personal responsibility is key to this. As I see it, not taking personal responsibility will lead anyone who does so nowhere. I hate to fall back on what might see cliche, however, there is an excellent, IMO, take on the phrase "To thine own self be true" here - https://www.enotes.com/shakespeare-quotes/thine-own-self-true IMO, nothing I have yet seen explains it better in that its base meaning is
Take care of yourself first
I'll follow that up with another perhaps cliche phrase - "If you want something done right, do it yourself."

And @captaincranky your post inspired some reflection on at least a part of what I am hearing in these incessant the gubernment is taking away my vaping when smoeking is worse and that is "I am entitled to my vaping" to which I say, what was the reason to start vaping? To quit smoking? Replacing one addiction with another is to still remain a prisoner of the addiction.

If you want to quit smoking, just quit. And I can hear all the :poop: I am going to get from that - mainly "It is not easy." No, its not. I was there; yet, I did it. More cliche - Just DO it. And even more cliche - the path is there if you look. And more cliche - the path is within you.

Ban these poison pods. Sick and tired of having to breathe in second hand vape. Disgusting shi*

Then again it ain't gonna happen. Oh well. /endrant

Back