TechSpot

K7 motherboard will not power up after power outage

By Steve1
Sep 10, 2006
  1. Hello. I have a computer I picked up from Fry's that has a K7 FSB266 motherboard, 1GB of memory, and an AMD Athlon 1800+ processor. This is the second motherboard I have put in this thing, as the first one suffered the same malady that I need help with. The motherboard is a Model M811 ATX style.

The other night we had a power outage for about 2 hours. All my computers were powered down, except one. I powered all of them back up and they worked as per normal except the one I reference above. This one was off during the outage.

Now it will not power back on. The same thing happened with its predecessor board which is why I replaced it. Am I missing something? Is there some sort of magical reset that I can't find? Why would this computer be the only one with a dead motherboard after the power was back on? Is there a flaw in its design? What brand should I go with if this thing is junk?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Steve1

2. Ididmyc600

Ididmyc600 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,251

Hi I have a PC that does the same thing, I think its the PSU, if I remove the mains cable for about 2 minutes, then replace it, the thing powers on OK, I really must get round to sorting it out soon...

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.