K7 motherboard will not power up after power outage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I have a computer I picked up from Fry's that has a K7 FSB266 motherboard, 1GB of memory, and an AMD Athlon 1800+ processor. This is the second motherboard I have put in this thing, as the first one suffered the same malady that I need help with. The motherboard is a Model M811 ATX style.

The other night we had a power outage for about 2 hours. All my computers were powered down, except one. I powered all of them back up and they worked as per normal except the one I reference above. This one was off during the outage.

Now it will not power back on. The same thing happened with its predecessor board which is why I replaced it. Am I missing something? Is there some sort of magical reset that I can't find? Why would this computer be the only one with a dead motherboard after the power was back on? Is there a flaw in its design? What brand should I go with if this thing is junk?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Steve1

Steve1 said:
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Steve1

Hi I have a PC that does the same thing, I think its the PSU, if I remove the mains cable for about 2 minutes, then replace it, the thing powers on OK, I really must get round to sorting it out soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back