K7 Triton GA-7VKML - Graphics Card

By kingrollo
Oct 31, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The display on a computer with the above motherboard has gone all flickery and fuzzy. At present is uses the on board graphics. I have swapped the monitor and cable and the flicker remains - I have thought about a new graphics card for the AGP slot but have a couple of questions:-

1.Is a new graphics card likley to resolve this issue

2.Will any AGP card work (its XP) ? - Or are there generations of AGP.

3.Not a games player - so any recommendations of a cheap easy to install , AGP card would be appreciated.
  2. Nostradamus

Nostradamus Newcomer, in training Posts: 24

1.) Yes with a question mark. Theoretically, you could always just return a card if it doesn't fix it.

2.) There are generations of AGP, but pretty much everything floating around is 8x. I really wouldn't worry about it.

3.) Just about anything still on the market for AGP is going to be decent. I didn't follow Radeon very well, but on the NVIDIA side, I would personally look for 6200 or higher. (Bigger number = better card, more or less). Here something half-way decent-looking that's currently less that $40. I've never had much trouble with video cards. Plug in, install drivers, life is good. You might have to mess with the bios to disable the on-board graphics, but you have to deal with that no matter what card you install.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.