TechSpot

K8N NEO4 Power Issue

By easydog
Sep 16, 2006
  1. My K8N NEO4 system which ahd worked great for 5 months will no longer power on. I removed the power supply (400W Sp-400) and had it tested and it apparently works. All I get on my system is a flickering blue light on the front of the Antec TX640B case next to the disk drive icon.
    No Power ...... I would greatly appreciate any ideas.

Thanks much
    Easydog

2. wazza

wazza TS Rookie Posts: 69

OK, firstly take out your RAM and try with only one of the two(if applicable). Sometimes different modules can cause problems. Try resetting CMOS as well.

And the second thought I have is to try a different GFX card. If that doesnt work try taking it out, blowing and giving it a really big blow and push when putting it back in.

Hope this helps

3. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 3,814

Also check the connections on the back of your power switch in the case to see that the 2 wires havent come adrift.

4. easydog

easydog TS Rookie Topic Starter

I have reset the CMOS, reseated the battery, pulled the RAM and reseated it, same for the graphics card..... I get no power whatsoever though my rtechnicians at work checked the power supply and indicated that it worked fine. I don't know what else to try ......

Thanks
    Easydog ..................

5. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 3,814

Identify the power on pins in the manual and remove the power switch connector from the mobo then try shorting those 2 pins together.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.