K8N NEO4 Power Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

easydog

My K8N NEO4 system which ahd worked great for 5 months will no longer power on. I removed the power supply (400W Sp-400) and had it tested and it apparently works. All I get on my system is a flickering blue light on the front of the Antec TX640B case next to the disk drive icon.
No Power ...... I would greatly appreciate any ideas.

Thanks much
Easydog

OK, firstly take out your RAM and try with only one of the two(if applicable). Sometimes different modules can cause problems. Try resetting CMOS as well.

And the second thought I have is to try a different GFX card. If that doesnt work try taking it out, blowing and giving it a really big blow and push when putting it back in.

Hope this helps

Also check the connections on the back of your power switch in the case to see that the 2 wires havent come adrift.

I have reset the CMOS, reseated the battery, pulled the RAM and reseated it, same for the graphics card..... I get no power whatsoever though my rtechnicians at work checked the power supply and indicated that it worked fine. I don't know what else to try ......

Thanks
Easydog ..................

Identify the power on pins in the manual and remove the power switch connector from the mobo then try shorting those 2 pins together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back