K8V SE Deluxe,'Computer System Failed'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am building my first computer and here is what is happening:

I have: K8V SE Deluxe (Revised 1.13??)
AMD Athlon 64 3700 processor
RAM:(2) Kingston 512MB 400DDR
BFG 6600GT OC Video Card

There is no display and after a few seconds the 'Computer System Fail' message goes on non stop.
I have tried: -rebuild outside the casing.
- Move RAM to different DIMMS, used RAM sticks known to be working
-Two different video cards (known to be working)
- Reset Cmos several times.
- Processor came with white thermal paste, there are no bended pins and I have reassembled the entire thing at least three times.

Would a BIOS update solve this problem. Has anyone solved a problem like this by updating the BIOS?
Desperation is setting in right now....

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I`m afraid it sounds like a dead psu/mobo/cpu to me.

Check all cables, and connections. Disconnect anything not required to boot your computer.

Are you getting any beeps? Do the fans/drives/spin up?

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

try to clear the cmos and update the bios. See if that helps. what's yoru psu? maybe the psu is not strong enough to feed the system.

Thanks,

The PSU is a 500W Ultra.
Everything runs, the green light on the mobo lights up, all (3) fans work and there are no beeps at all, just the message ('computer system failed' :knock:

I have tried disconnecting everything but the processesor and I get the same thing.

Does a BIOS update solve problems like this?

Can you boot from the WinXP Cd Rom? Sounds to me like a virus wiped your HDD boot sector. Never heard of "computer system fail" posting itself from BIOS before.

I want to clarify that the message comes through the speakers, there is never a monitor display. I don't think I said this before sorry.

The cpu came with the grease applied (should I put some more?). I have reseated the cpu a couple of times as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back