Inactive Kaspersky anti-virus blocking websites

Justgivemeaname

Sorry if this is the wrong board for this, didn't see another one that was about virus software. My girlfriend runs Kaspersky anti-virus on her laptop and yesterday it started blocking facebook and her school's website. I'm not familiar with Kaspersky and I don't have time between my work shifts to go to her house to look at it in depth to fix it. Can anyone suggest a way to fix this that is simple enough for someone who has very little computer knowledge to do? Any help is appreciated.

I can't give you an answer for this other than a 'generic' "open the AV program and look to see if sites to blocked are listed."

If you would like us to check the system for malware, please follow these steps: Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal.

NOTE: If you already have any of the scanning programs on the computer, please remove them and download the versions in these links.

When you have finished, leave the logs for review in your next reply .
NOTE: Logs must be pasted in the replies. Attached logs will not be reviewed.
======================================
My Guidelines: please read and follow:
  • Be patient. Malware cleaning takes time and I am also working with other members while I am helping you.
  • Read my instructions carefully. If you don't understand or have a problem, ask me.
  • If you have questions, or if a program doesn't work, stop and tell me about it. Don't try to get around it yourself.
  • Follow the order of the tasks I give you. Order is crucial in cleaning process.
  • File sharing programs should be uninstalled or disabled during the cleaning process..
  • Observe these:
    [o] Don't use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you.
    [o] Don't use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.
    [o] Don't download and install new programs- except those I give you.
  • Please let me know if there is any change in the system.

If I don't get a reply from you in 5 days, the thread will be closed. If your problem persist, you can send a PM to reopen it.
=====================================

Thanks for the reply Bobbye. I was hoping there would be something simpler for her to do besides checking the site block list. She has no idea how to do that, and due to not being familiar with kapersky, I have no idea where to begin with explaining where to go. Thanks for the help and fast response though Bobbye.

I'm good, but I don't do magic. I gave you what you need to do. I have nothing to work with.

Back