TechSpot

kaspersky internet security 6.0

By focus_water
Mar 26, 2007
  1. ive just started to use kaspersky internet security 6.0, i wanted to see if it was any good and i use aMSN and it comes up with the allow/deny message way to much. in the last 2 hours its popped up over 150 times just for aMSN alone. if i turn the trainer off will it block heaps of programs? or is there anyway i can give it access without it saying the annoying allow/deny thing?

2. BlameCanada

BlameCanada TS Rookie Posts: 356

I may be missing something here,but isn`t there a check box

you can check that says "always allow this program...."

or "remember this choice...". ?

3. focus_water

focus_water TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 182

yes, but every time the message pops up the IP address is always different so it wants you to make a new rule for it.

4. AngelOfLighT

AngelOfLighT TS Rookie Posts: 100

you should go to settings > trusted zone and then add your messenger so it wont search there.

5. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +36

Be careful Angel of Light, you have misread this. The problem is with the alert (message) giving the IP wanting access, NOT with "messenger".

focus water, you going to have to learn how to distinguish the IP, using the firewall log if necessary. It is likely you browser trying to go to a site you have called up, so you need to give the Firewall permission to allow the browser to contact the internet.

"but every time the message pops up the IP address is always different so it wants you to make a new rule for it."

That's why the IP is changing.

Edit to add. Firewall Basics: From Microsoft TechNet: http://tinyurl.com/2eevuj

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.