kaspersky internet security 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

focus_water

ive just started to use kaspersky internet security 6.0, i wanted to see if it was any good and i use aMSN and it comes up with the allow/deny message way to much. in the last 2 hours its popped up over 150 times just for aMSN alone. if i turn the trainer off will it block heaps of programs? or is there anyway i can give it access without it saying the annoying allow/deny thing?

I may be missing something here,but isn`t there a check box

you can check that says "always allow this program...."

or "remember this choice...". ?

yes, but every time the message pops up the IP address is always different so it wants you to make a new rule for it.

Be careful Angel of Light, you have misread this. The problem is with the alert (message) giving the IP wanting access, NOT with "messenger".

focus water, you going to have to learn how to distinguish the IP, using the firewall log if necessary. It is likely you browser trying to go to a site you have called up, so you need to give the Firewall permission to allow the browser to contact the internet.

"but every time the message pops up the IP address is always different so it wants you to make a new rule for it."

That's why the IP is changing.

Edit to add. Firewall Basics: From Microsoft TechNet: http://tinyurl.com/2eevuj

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back