TechSpot

Kaspersky scan says trojan.js.redirector.bu & trojan-clicker.js computer infection

By mctripp
May 10, 2010
  1. The kaspersky scan says I have the above infections and I need some advice on removal....?

2. Broni

Broni Malware Annihilator Posts: 52,890   +344

3. mctripp

mctripp TS Rookie Topic Starter

I will try to do this....not a tech person. Thank you for such a quick response, I appreciate the help.

4. Broni

You're welcome :)

5. mctripp

Before receiving this response I uninstalled Firefox which is the browser I use. I uninstalled Kaspersky
    and installed Norton and ran a complete scan and it says I don't have any viruses/trojans. What is your opinion?

6. Broni

Firefox is better, safer browser, than IE.
    Kaspersky is much more reliable AV program, than Norton, which I personally dislike.
    It's obviously your choice.
    Would you like to proceed with 8 steps, or you fell, you're fine?

7. mctripp

I don't know?

My weird logic was that if it had maybe infected firefox I might eliminate it by uninstalling firefox and then doing a clean install of firefox. Do you suggest that I complete the steps...thinking that Norton may just not be finding the problems?

8. Broni

Possible. Completing all steps won't hurt and it'll give you a peace of mind.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.