TechSpot

Kazaa rising from its grave

By Matthew
Jul 20, 2009
  1. You remember Kazaa, don’t you? The malware riddled P2P file sharing service of yesteryear? It went defunct around 2006 after being forced to pay $100-plus million in damages to the record industry. In accordance with that agreement, Kazaa’s owner, Sharman Networks vowed to convert the program to a legal music download service.

Read the whole story

2. I give it about a year. When it comes to subscription-based music services, you have to make the pricing competitive. And I don't think picture sharing offsets the higher costs. Most people already have many other ways of sharing those.

3. Vrmithrax

Vrmithrax TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,286   +232

Agreed there... It's just more of the same thing you can get many other places, at a higher price... Why would anyone even bother?

4. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,358   +403

Thanks, but no thanks (interesting to hear the name Kazaa again though - thought it was long dead). Pricing is too high for the service.

5. oh boy, i can't wait, i can put all my kazaa posters again and dowload pictures and documents too. oh boy. only $20 a month. i can earn that in only 4 hours. oh boy

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.