Resolved KB967715 perpetual, autorun eaters expelled, who is doing this, and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In addition to the above title, recently I had a problem with a recurring shut-off of my MS firewall. This still is happening frequently, in spite of recent actions thought to correct it!

After researching my latest issue, a situation where ms update KB967715 continues to try an update, but never seems to, many many others also have experienced the same, do a google (kb967715) and see what I mean!

While this seems to be an "autorun" issue, oddly I cannot install a functioning autorun correcting program software! It gets screwd out somehow!

As an oddball, I have been trouble free for 5 years, I NEVER UPDATED TO SP3, but remained in IE6 and SP2 until last month....Now after sp3 and ie8, NOTHING BUT TROUBLE!

Well, it was okay a week ago! But you did not complete the cleaning and you did a System Restore.

If you would like us to check the system for malware, please follow the steps in the Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal thread HERE.

When you have finished, leave the logs for review in your next reply .
NOTE: Logs must be pasted in the replies. Attached logs will not be reviewed.

Otherwise you can post this in the Windows OS forum with reference to the URL of the thread from a week ago. There is no reason why Eset and Combofix would have disabled the wi fi. It id possible that you have a DSN Changer infection and that requires a DSN flush and a router reset.

Please do not use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you, unless I direct you to. Do not use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back