Keep getting BSOD.. need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigxBadxWolf

ok i have just joined this website because i really need help on solving my BSOD troubles. I have recently bought a new laptop around last October and in the past few months i have been receiving the BSOD about two or three times a day.

I dont have much experience in computers and fixing these issues. Also, i tried to attached the last mini dump but it was 256kb and the limit is 200kb. And i am getting around 3 different stop errors.

If anyone can help me on this it would be greatly appreciated

There is a Zip file option in the Manage Attachments button. it will compress your files so that you can attach. Up to five files in one Zip file. Please do us a favor and don't zip each one individually.

* Give us your five most recent.

Sorry for the late post but i got another blue screen and I've just tried to find my minidumps but i think that they are getting deleted somehow. However, i have a MEMORY.DMP if that can help in any way

even when compressd that file is around 90,000kb..
ill just wait for the next BSOD and hopefully i can give you that.

However i remembered on one of them it said mouclass.sys if that helps in any way

This is starting to annoy me ive just had 3 blue screens in 2 mins from each other. Anyway somehow all my Minidumps have re appeared and this back dates to January 23rd. So here are my last 5 (3 from today).

I have many more so if you need some more to look at then I will be happy to give.

Attachments

• Minidumps.zip
    193.4 KB · Views: 1
One file specifically cited memory corruption as the cause of your system crashes. You need to run Memtest on your memory.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed but either one should work. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

Only if you get errors in Step 1. Step 2 is very important if you do have errors because you are trying to determine if only one or both sticks of RAM (or how ever many sticks you have installed) are good or bad.

Changing out RAM on a laptop is very easy. On the bottom there will be a section that will have a compartment that houses your memory and the lid is usually held in by one screw. Your laptop manual should show where the memory compartment is as well as how to uninstall andreinstall memory. If you don't have a manual you can download them for free. They are usually PDF format. If you have a friend with tech knowledge let him/her do it for you and show you how it is done.

How old is this system? There should be lifetime warrenty of the memory.

* But first run Memtest and, again, the more Passes after 7 the better.

Ok. The laptop is quite new, it was out in stock the same day windows 7 was released. Dont know about the RAM thats inside.

Edit - And just my luck to run out of blank CD's, i tried the USB one but i couldnt get it to work. I'll get back to you as soon as possible

is there no other minidump files that may need to be looked at while i am unable to do the memtest at this point.
I'll have blank CD's by sunday

If you want you could do the next five most recent but corrupted memory was specifically cited and with the symptoms you have posted this appears to be the first thing to diagnose. Corrupted memory will cause all kinds of issues including various error codes.

Next minidumps, I know memory corruption would be best to test first however I can't actually get blank CD's, if the USB version was working I could easily do it from there

Attachments

• Minidumps.zip
    163.6 KB · Views: 2
Some cited OS drivers and these are too general to be of much help. Two cited hardware as the issue but nothing definitive.

There was a 0xD1 error and while these are usually caused by drivers they can also be caused by faulty or mismatched RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back