Keep getting "Error caused by a device driver"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, everyone. I'm new here but not to this problem.

I've been having this problem for a while now. I've tested my memory and even replaced it, but I'm still getting BSOD's.

This is the error that I get - http://oca.microsoft.com/en/response.aspx?SGD=d5e72df7-dc5c-4b88-80ec-6a98a63b2005&SID=10

I just put a brand new stick of 512 PC133 in this PC the other day and it didn't do it for a while, but when I get home today, it had rebooted with that error message.

I'm running WIN XP PRO w/SP2, 512 PC 133 SDRAM, ATHLON XP 2200 processor.

I'm adding the last few error reports to this reply. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

Chris

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

4 minidumps crash at ntoskrnl.exe. This is the windows bootup kernel file. £ have a bugcheck of 7F and 1 has a bugcheck of D1.

1 minidump crashes with an unknown image. It has a bug check of 8E.

1 minidump crashes at usbehci.sys. This is the Windows EHCI eUSB Miniport Driver. It has a bugcheck of D1.

1 minidump crashes at wg121nd5.sys. This is your netgear nic driver. It has a bugcheck of 7F. Try updating the driver.

I believe you have some kind of hardware problem, possible ram.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

The meaning of your bugcheck codes are as follows.

0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept). Hardware failures are the most common cause (many dozen KB articles exist for this error referencing specific hardware failures) and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. The most typical cause is a bad device driver (one that uses improper addresses). It can also be caused by caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile.

0x0000008E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A kernel mode program generated an exception which the error handler didn’t catch. These are nearly always hardware compatibility issues (which sometimes means a driver issue or a need for a BIOS upgrade).

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back