Inactive Keep getting open with pop up box

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebratt73

Ok well for the most part I can't open most things on my desktop without that stupid open with box poppin up. Before I could just press cancel and the program would still open. I can access the internet but for most things I have to be in safe mode especially if I want to run any malwares scans. THis is really driving me crazy I just want my computer back the way it was is there any help for me? :(

Welcome to TechSpot! After I get information I'll help you.
=================================
My Guidelines: please read and follow:
  • Be patient. Malware cleaning takes time and I am also working with other members while I am helping you.
  • Read my instructions carefully. If you don't understand or have a problem, ask me.
  • If you have questions, or if a program doesn't work, stop and tell me about it. Don't try to get around it yourself.
  • Follow the order of the tasks I give you. Order is crucial in cleaning process.
  • File sharing programs should be uninstalled or disabled during the cleaning process..
  • Observe these:
    [o] Don't use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you.
    [o] Don't use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.
    [o] Don't download and install new programs- except those I give you.
  • Please let me know if there is any change in the system.

If I don't get a reply from you in 5 days, the thread will be closed. If your problem persist, you can send a PM to reopen it.
=====================================
NOTE: Okay to download< but before trying to run the scans in the thread, do this:

Please download and run the tool below named Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) which may help allow other programs to run.

There are 4 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.

Vista and Win7 users need to right click Rkill and choose Run as Administrator

You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.
  • Rkill.com
  • Rkill.scr
  • Rkill.pif
  • Rkill.exe
  • Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
  • If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.
  • A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
  • If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
  • If it does not work, repeat the process and attempt to use one of the remaining links until the tool runs.
  • Do not reboot until instructed.
  • If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.

Once you've gotten one of them to run then try to immediately run the following>>>>.

Please download exeHelper by Raktor and save it to your desktop.
  • Double-click on exeHelper.com or exeHelper.scr to run the fix tool.
  • A black window should pop up, press any key to close once the fix is completed.
  • A log file called exehelperlog.txt will be created and should open at the end of the scan)
  • A copy of that log will also be saved in the directory where you ran exeHelper.com
  • Copy and paste the contents of exehelperlog.txt in your next reply.

Note: If the window shows a message that says "Error deleting file", please re-run the tool again before posting a log and then post the two logs together (they both will be in the one file).
----------------------------------------
If you would like us to check the system for malware, please follow the steps in the Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal thread HERE.

NOTE: If you already have any of the scanning programs on the computer, please remove them and download the versions in these links.

When you have finished, leave the logs for review in your next reply .
NOTE: Logs must be pasted in the replies. Attached logs will not be reviewed.

You're welcome. Please keep all logs on this thread.I have closed the other thread>

You posted:
Thank you so much bobbye that did the trick I'm soooooo happy again thank you thank you thank you by the way here are the logs

exeHelper by Raktor
Build 20100414
Run at 18:26:52 on 09/10/11
Now searching...
Checking for numerical processes...
Checking for sysguard processes...
Checking for bad processes...
Checking for bad files...
Checking for bad registry entries...
Resetting filetype association for .exe
Resetting filetype association for .com
Resetting userinit and shell values...
Resetting policies...
--Finished--

Please continue wIth the scans.

Please follow the steps in the Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal thread HERE.

NOTE: If you already have any of the scanning programs on the computer, please remove them and download the versions in these links.

When you have finished, leave the logs for review in your next reply .
NOTE: Logs must be pasted in the replies. Attached logs will not be reviewed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back