Keep losing monitor signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

sublime90

when ever i power on my PC i get the udusl load up things, tells me about my graphics card, get the "e" for the emachines logo and when im suppose to get the windows xp logo i hear a "pop" noise in my speakers and thats when my monitor goes into sleep mode, just a plain black screen. i tried cleaning, using different monitors, different video cards and it keeps happening. this same thing happened a few days ago but after unplugging and re plugging the monitor a few times it worked. any help is appreciated. thanks

ok i think i figured out whats wrong. i noticed my PC has been running alot quieter latelty so i checked the fans, the fan blowing air out works but the top one that sucks air in is not moving at all. i never bought a fan before so if anyone can point me in the right direction.

its an emachines T3092

im also intrested in adding another hard drive to it, any help with that would be great also.

ive been researching around and i guess its my motherboard or graphic card, i think its my motherboard because even while hooking the monitor up to the onboard graphics card i still dont get a signal.
ive noticed 2 things.
1) the fan on the power supply does not move at all
2) the capasitors next to the fan on the mother board had some crusted stuff on top of them that i scraped off, could be there leaking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back