TechSpot

Kernal stack inpage error - 0x00000077 - P1 0xC0000185

By BoostJuice
Jun 14, 2009
  1. Hi All,

Ive been having blue screens lately, it is becoming more frequent.

I keep getting the same error as in thread's subject heading. I have run chkdsk, memtest and checked for physical error inside the tower, no problems.

In event view I can find the following entries.
    Error code 00000077, parameter1 c0000185, parameter2 c0000185, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 05d55000.
    The My Web Search Service service failed to start due to the following error:
    The system cannot find the path specified.

Two minidumps are attached.

If you know whats wrong I would greatly appreciate the help!

2. milky

milky TS Enthusiast Posts: 85

it may be some nasty malware. Attempt to clean the pc using Techspot's 8-step Removal Instructions
    If your OS is too far gone to perform these tasks, you may need to back up your data, format, and do a clean install of windows.

3. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 11,966   +70

Both errors are 0x00000077: KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR
    A page of kernel data requested from the pagefile could not be found or read into memory. This message also can indicate disk hardware failure, disk data corruption, or possible virus infection.

Both minidumps specifically cite memory corruption and therefore it would be good to run Memtest on your RAM. Make sure you run it for a minimum of 7 Passes. This takes a long time but well worth it. If you have any errors you need to replace the defective stick

See this link and follow the directions: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.