Kernel inpage data error

By antonyrobo
Aug 20, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Been having a look thru the forum recently, read a few people with the same problems` topics but going to start my own.
    had this problem now for a couple of weeks, just randomly happens!

Not sure what specs you need but the basics:
    2.00GB RAM
    HP Presario CQ61 Notebook

attached 5 most recent minidumps.. havent got a clue what could be causing it myself! tried updating drivers to no avail.
    usually stays on for about 20-25 mins before crashing, everytime i try to go on the laptop normal..works alright in safe mode tho

Attached Files:

2. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,032   +69

Although the KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR error cited in all but one dumps points at varying issues. In this case as the second parameter is cx185 it is a pretty reasonable indication that your hard drive may be faling or HDD data cable may have some issues, although the latter is less likely to be the case. I would suggest you to check the make/model of your HDD through Device Manager, then go to the site of its manufacturer and download HDD diagnostic tool to thoroughly check it.
  3. shaunfarmer

shaunfarmer Newcomer, in training

i have same problem

i have the exact same model as you, and i have the same problem. the exact same thing happens to me. i can go on my laptop for anywhere between 20 mins- a few hours. but it will crash, go to a blue screen, and say - KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR . and then it will restart.
    please can someone help me, i want my laptop to work!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.