TechSpot

keyboard and fan failure

By tutter19
Dec 22, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a DELL 4550 desktop. First I got a "previous fan failure". I changed the fan but the message continued to appear. Then I got a keyboard failure. I cant go to setup because I cant use the F1 or F2 key because the keyboard doesnt work. I replaced the keyboard but the computer still doesnt respond. I would appreciate any help, thank you.
  2. dopefisher

dopefisher Newcomer, in training Posts: 540

Does it have a USB port? You could try using a USB keyboard, unless your USB slots are shot too :p
  3. GeekieNick101

GeekieNick101 Newcomer, in training Posts: 524

Is your Keyboard Ps/2 or usb since most mouse are usb if your mouse is optical and usb and lights up its not the usb unless its in a different row of slots of usbs that the keyboard is in if the keyboard is usb. I know most of dells newwer models dont have ps/2 ports, parllel or serial
  4. tutter19

tutter19 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

I forgot to mention, that I had got a virus that disabled the keyboard. When I uninstalled the keyboard driver and rebooted the computer, I couldnt get rid of the previous fan failure and keyboard message because I dont have a keyboard driver installed. I also have a PS\2 and a USB keyboard. Neither one works.
  5. tutter19

tutter19 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

How can I fix the previous fan failure? Will the error go away If I purchase anither fan? The fan failure is keeping me from reinstalling the keyboard driver
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.