Keyboard and fan failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a DELL 4550 desktop. First I got a "previous fan failure". I changed the fan but the message continued to appear. Then I got a keyboard failure. I cant go to setup because I cant use the F1 or F2 key because the keyboard doesnt work. I replaced the keyboard but the computer still doesnt respond. I would appreciate any help, thank you.

Is your Keyboard Ps/2 or usb since most mouse are usb if your mouse is optical and usb and lights up its not the usb unless its in a different row of slots of usbs that the keyboard is in if the keyboard is usb. I know most of dells newwer models dont have ps/2 ports, parllel or serial

I forgot to mention, that I had got a virus that disabled the keyboard. When I uninstalled the keyboard driver and rebooted the computer, I couldnt get rid of the previous fan failure and keyboard message because I dont have a keyboard driver installed. I also have a PS\2 and a USB keyboard. Neither one works.

How can I fix the previous fan failure? Will the error go away If I purchase anither fan? The fan failure is keeping me from reinstalling the keyboard driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back