Keyboard and mouse problem (not hardware)

hi, i just got home and my mouse and keyboard started doing some strange things right from the beginning.

mouse:
left click opens new tab/folder
wheel (zooms in or out, even on desktop)
moving copies anything that's been moved

keyboard:
letters don't work, on browsers letters have random functions like opening the bookmark tab or page config
numbers don't work
auxiliary keys work sometimes

mouse i tried both my usual ps/2 and a new usb one and same exact thing
i've turned off both controllers and then installed them again to no avail.
the problem persists on safe mode after reboot
malware bytes and karspersky found nothing wrong at all.
i'm not the savviest informatic guy, but i usually know my way around most troubles, but this time i can't find any info at all.

any info or help will be appreciated.

https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/ seems your best bet. I.e., full and complete....

If there is no infection found, I suppose all you can do is a complete wipe of the hard disk and re-install, and if that fails too, it must be a motherboard fault. Hope you are still under warranty, and if you are, I would personally NOT do the wipe and reinstall, I would just get approval for a RTM.

If you are on your own, one way to establish a hardware problem is to obtain a bootable CD of a Linux distro, prepared on a separate PC, and if after booting from that, you still have problems, it clearly is NOT software-related.

Simple answer:

CTRL is being held down.

I just tested this on mine. Holding CTRL then clicking a link opens a new tab. Having CTRL held down while moving Files will COPY all files highlighted.. and CTRL is used for shortcuts,, CTRL+O is open CTRL+P is print.

either the keyboard has a malfunction and has CTRL stuck down/in use or you have some type of weird windows glitch where CTRL is set to be in use all the time, maybe check sticky keys settings.

To assure that it is not a keyboard issue, connect a mouse but leave the keyboard disconnected. Try just the mouse and see if it functions correctly. Next, connect the keyboard (if it's usb) and test it again.

Post back with results

Back