Keyboard problem... I think

superty12

So when I'm playing a game, one of the arrow keys acts like it's been pressed (I've only seen it with the left) and so my game acts like I've pressed that key. It's only noticible in games that use the keyboard. It's annoying, and makes me lose games. It's an old Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro (not sure how old it is). It does work with Vista, or else I wouldn't be able to type. I think the key is getting stuck. The keyboard is dirty. Anyone have any suggestions?

The first thing that comes to mind is to try another keyboard. If the old one is, in fact, the problem you can try to unstick any of the keys by popping off the key caps and using, say, alcohol to clean and free up the keyboard stems.

What game were you playing because i've had a simular problem with older games due to graphic settings

Problems...

@mailpup: There are no more keyboards here (that will work). I've tried popping off the keys, but they won't pop off. I will have to get a wipe and clean it.
@DKRON: They're games on the Internet, I don't know how old they are.
Edit: A wipe won't cut it. I'll have to find a way to clean this.

It might be time for a new keyboard. If you get one, you can still tinker with the old one.

Back