Keyboard problem on Compaq R4000

By wrapmyride
Mar 8, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The problem is any key I press I get weird thing happening like four or five letter show up on one stroke ( I do not type that fast) and it start piping immediately ( same sound like the keyboard is faulty} and then all kind a windows start popping up and I can stop it only hard reboot, but soon I touch any key same thin happens again. I have already tried another keyboard same result. Open the laptop and look for a spill, but there is none. Clean the ribbon plug and surrounding area with Flux Clean and after putting the laptop together it actually worked for a week with no problems at all, but now the problem is back same as before.

Could there be chip with a cold solder I maybe disturbed with the cleaning and it worked for that short time?
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,682   +153

"Could there be chip with a cold solder I maybe disturbed with the cleaning and it worked for that short time?"...

Yes, the problem could also be reduced to a bad motherboard
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.