Keyboard problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if this is the right section, so if it isn't can someone please move it to the right one?

My problem is on my Vista computer. One day while I was browsing the internet my keyboard stops working. I had caps lock and apparently number lock activated at the time because the lights that indicated those were still flashing. I thought that maybe it was because it was number lock so I pressed the button and nothing happened. I tested most of the keys and none of them did anything. I restarted the computer it's one of those menus where you use the arrow keys and enter key to pick if you want to boot normally or do it in safe mode. Both the arrow keys and the enter key worked at that screen. But then when It actually loads my profile none of my keyboard keys work anyone.

Help is appreciated.

I have this same exact problem with a wireless microsoft multimedia keyboard. Then I bought another wireless set, and even a 3rd logitech set, but the problem still persists. Are there any other solutions?

For the past year or so, with my old XP system in my old HP desktop, the keyboard (and sometimes the mouse too) would, on occasion, suddenly not work and the caps lock, number lock, and third little light next to these indicators would all light up; I had to turn the computer off (at the power source, not just reboot) to get the keyboard working again. New keyboard didn't help. Not to scare you, but then one day the red light came on in place of the "on" light on the pc itself (dead CPU or, probably, motherboard). Not sure the keyboard problem was a warning, though--does anyone here know? What about an orange light (but blue "on" light okay) and slow boot-up on a new HP Pavilion 6560?

My Toshiba Satellite laptop with XP has similar problem since last week. It adds a ^ in front of each key stroke and makes characters not displayable.

I took the following actions and find non help:

1. Added a USB KB to laptop after I turned USB KB availability on.
2. Removed KBs from Device Manager and reboot the box.
3. Run fix from XP reload CDs including BIOS.
4. Reformated HD, reloaded XP and completed all MS updates.. After a few trials, KB worked for a few minutes euough for me to key in computer name etc.

At this point, I have no clue what to try next. Plse help.

Start->Control Panel->Regional Settings->Advanced Tab->
Confirm your country is set correctly
And 1000 (Mac Roman) set

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back