Keyboard problems... really confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all, new to the forum. as we speak, i am tying this whole message while holding down my shift key because it's the only way my keyboard will respond properly. if i don't hold the shift key down, the keys will intermittently not function, or will only function after tapping 2-3 times, sometimes they work the first time, but never twice in a row. i already ordered a new keyboard and will install it when it gets here, and have taken this one out and tried to clean it, but no improvement. the computer is a toshiba a25-s207 laptop. the problem didn't exist yesterday, and i've never had any problems with it until now. i scanned the hard drive for viruses and spyware and came up empty handed. i'm stumped. any ideas would be greatly appreciated, because this is the only system i have right now. thanks!

nobody has any ideas? I would think with all the accumulated experience out there that someone might have at least a tiny speck of advice they could offer... maybe not. Thanks anyways.

Toothmech,
while you're waiting for the replacement keyboard, check for a loose connector from the motherboard to the existing keyboard

Toothmech said:
hi all, new to the forum. as we speak, i am tying this whole message while holding down my shift key because it's the only way my keyboard will respond properly. if i don't hold the shift key down, the keys will intermittently not function, or will only function after tapping 2-3 times, sometimes they work the first time, but never twice in a row. i already ordered a new keyboard and will install it when it gets here, and have taken this one out and tried to clean it, but no improvement. the computer is a toshiba a25-s207 laptop. the problem didn't exist yesterday, and i've never had any problems with it until now. i scanned the hard drive for viruses and spyware and came up empty handed. i'm stumped. any ideas would be greatly appreciated, because this is the only system i have right now. thanks!

system restore to any day earlier from that day, That should do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back