Keyboard problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must be either a USB keyboard or a wireless one. Switch to Logitech... PS/2 if you can abide with it. Funny how the keyboard and mouse were two of the most reliable components on a computer. Now if they get fancy, they are trouble.

A regional representative of Wal-Mart once told me that the mouse and keyboard are the two most frequently returned or complained about any where in Wal-Mart technology sales.

Keyboard problem

the keyboard is a ps/2 and there is no responce or light on when i push the caps lock.
don.

Buy a new keyboard, or deal with the light. Chances are you aren't going to be able to fix it.

I dont think the source of my problem is the keyboard but the result of something else not working. I have tried 2 other working keyboards and they dont work either.I thought the problem might be with the computer. but I dont know what , that problem is.
don.

Borrow another board to test, and test your board in another computer. If the socket is good, then motherboards are cheap. If a test board doesn't work, examine with a strong light and a magnifying glass for dirt and debris. Blow out with a couple of drops of denatured alcohol and canned air such as DustOff.
PS/2 boards seldom fail. If it is not dirt, then perhaps the cable has pulled loos from connections and is now worthless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back