Keyboard software issues?

By Salt
Aug 4, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. So about once every 30 minutes, my keyboard, disconnects, and reconnects. Like it's being unplugged, and re-plugged back in. It is not the keyboard, or the USB port I am using. I have tested it in several different USB slots, but the same problem happens. It is software related. And is bugging the living hell out of me. I have reformatted and the same exact problem happens. And my friend has the EXACT problem but with his mouse.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have googled the problem and searched, but nobody has a real solution.

Thanks!
  2. Salt

Salt TechSpot Member Topic Starter Posts: 49

Some relevant system specs-

-Running LEGIT version of Win7 64bit
    -8gb ddr3 Corsair Vengeance 1600
    -ASUS P8Z77-V LK Intel Z77 Chipset
    -Intel Core i7 2600k
    -1tb 6.0gb/s 7200rpm Western Digital HDD
  3. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 1,683   +152

Have you tried swapping out keyboards.
  4. Salt

Yes I have tried swapping out the keyboard. As I stated earlier, it's not the keyboard.
  5. Cobalt006

Have you check in the device manager under mouses properties. To make sure under power management tab , That the box for (Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power ) Is not check marked.
  6. Salt

Unfortunately, Yes I have done exactly that. To ALL THREE Usb hubs on the list haha. Still does it. :/ I did say above. I have Googled this. So maybe someone with a little more expertise can guide me a little further into this? IF there is anyone of this caliber reading right now, show yourself. You are actually needed for once. LOL
  7. Cobalt006

Good luck, Well sense you google then you should know the answer. Cause it was not that hard to fine.
    learninmypc likes this.
  8. learninmypc

learninmypc TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 5,086   +222

You're asking for help & you respond that way? I agree with Cobalt006, Good luck.
    Salt and Cobalt006 like this.
  9. Salt

Well I assure you, I didn't mean anything mean by it? But it's fine. If people on here take things THAT literally, I just won't post in SUCH a HATEFUL way. I am so. So. SO. Sorry. And stuff.

P.S: Try taking things a little less literal guys. Makes life a little more enjoyable. I really meant nothing by it.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.