Keyboard works, won't type

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all, I have been a long time reader, but this is my first time to post. After coming in from out of town and turning on my computer, the keyboard is having issues typing. If I hold down a key, the letter or number will appear after 5 to 10 seconds. However, all the shortcut keys and function keys work fine. The keyboard works fine in the bios. It is a USB keyboard and so I swapped it with my backup keyboard. No dice with that one either and I tried to use a PS/2 adapter, guess what? No luck. I built this computer and am usually pretty good with this stuff, but I am at a loss. I have to think it is windows or something. I tried reloading the software/driver also. Checked all the USB ports in device manager. No yellow question marks. Unplugged all other USB devices. Ran all the Windows Troubleshooting options and it gave me nothing. This thing worked fine 4 days ago. It is XP x64 if that helps. Anyone have a clue???
Thank you so much.

Solution

I found the solution. After much deliberation it was simply in the Accessibility Options. For some reason the Filter Keys check box got checked. I have no idea how or why this happened but for anyone that cares, this is the fix.

Does anyone have access to your PC when you aren't there? Perhaps someone else messed with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back