Kindle Fire 'sold out' at Amazon ahead of September 6 event

By Jos
Aug 30, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Just in case there were any doubts left that Amazon plans to refresh its tablet and e-reader lineup next week, today the retailer announced that the Kindle Fire is officially sold out and teased that they've got "an exciting roadmap...

Read more
  2. ragreeen2646

ragreeen2646 Newcomer, in training

My daughter (in her 40's) and a couple of friends bought the Fire and love it and have
    become proselytizers of the product to there familes and friends.
    It appears to have hit a sweet spot in size and price for her demographic.
    My wife and her friends are very interested (in there 60's and 70's).
    This is all a bit surprising to me.
  3. Blue Falcon

Blue Falcon Newcomer, in training Posts: 145   +36

Price will be key. If that 8.9 inch model is $299 or below, it'll do well. If it's $399 or higher, no way.
  4. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,319   +370

Looking forward to seeing what Amazon has in store. I haven't purchased a tablet yet, but depending on what they come out with, might finally pull the trigger on one.
  5. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,017   +683

You have to read a lot about them. Before the Nexus 7 came out the competitor to the kindle was/is the Nook. Both Amazon and Barne's and Noble put their own software over Android. If you're a woman in her 40's (like the 1st poster mentioned) you might prefer the simple version. If you're more of a techie, you may not like not having access to the Google Play market (like the unrooted Nook). There are little things about these products that may appeal to or really turn off some users.
  6. Denooon

Denooon Newcomer, in training

Front face camera absolutely must have for me.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.