TechSpot

Kinect for Windows commercial SDK launching early 2012

By Jos
Oct 31, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft made the Kinect for Windows SDK beta available for download earlier this year, enabling programmers to create applications for PCs utilizing motion-sensing technology. Although that release involved a non-commercial…

Read the whole story

2. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,947   +381

motion capture for indie developers anyone? :D

3. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,078   +76

Saying that I'm really excited about this would be an understatement, but I'm really f***ing excited about this!

4. Imagine the day when all computers and mobile devices have internet and video cameras with motion detection, how would you be able to know if someone wasn't watching and tracking you literally all the time...?

Not to mention face recognition, gps, and other tracking technologies built in..and thats just the stuff that we know about?

5. Mudvayne819

Mudvayne819 TS Rookie Posts: 41

thats the future and the price to pay for it, just like in every futuristic movies, everything is very high tech and secure, high-end high tech comes with massive security. thats how it is bro

6. StrayEagle

StrayEagle TS Rookie

I feel safe in the knoledge that 99.99999999999999% of people wont give a dam about what im doing at any point in time. And i don't even care if they do. It's not like i do anything interesting.

7. StrayEagle

StrayEagle TS Rookie

Hell, almost everything you do on the net is tracked in one form or another already. Whats the difference if they move it offline. (more then they already have)

8. aj_the_kidd

aj_the_kidd TS Rookie Posts: 555

You could always become Amish if you think that helps :)

9. More than half of that video was unrealistic. Playing a virtual instrument with precision? And the school kid doing what now with DNA? But interesting concepts and ideas.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.