Kingmax unveils world's first 64GB microSD card

By Emil
May 25, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Kingmax has implemented its 9 Stacked Die technology to create the world's largest capacity microSD card: 64GB. The microSD card complies with the latest SD3.0 and Class 6 specifications and…

Read the whole story
  2. Lurker101

Lurker101 TechSpot Addict Posts: 626   +122

We already know what the pricing's going to be. Just short of an arm and a leg.
  3. treetops

treetops TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,652   +51

I heard they glued 2 32gig cards together
  4. OUTLAWXXX

OUTLAWXXX Newcomer, in training Posts: 51

And the march of technology continues... just wait for the early adopters to handle the prices...
  5. Win7Dev

Win7Dev TechSpot Booster Posts: 343   +34

I'm calling around $150-$240 depending on how much profit they try and squeeze out of it. A 32gb micro sdhc card is about ~$75 now, so double that plus a little more should be the total cost.
  6. princeton

princeton TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,716

Wow. I'm kinda weirded out because I was talking about how they should work on making one this morning.

Nice to know they're listening and were able to develop it in less than 8 hours.
  7. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,867   +74

Well since you have the hotline, make your next wish for a reasonably priced TEC cooler that has proper thermal switching and takes care of around 500w would you?:D
  8. princeton

My contacts at corsair and coolermaster have assured me that such a product should be created before the end of the world on Oct 21st.
  9. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,867   +74

Well I am certainly glad you have the "meaning of May 21st" figured out.
  10. fpsgamerJR62

fpsgamerJR62 Newcomer, in training Posts: 489

The microSD format has come a long way since starting out as a proprietary memory card format for Motorola cellphones. A couple of years ago, who would have thought that it would be possible to stuff 64 gigabytes inside a card barely larger than a fingernail.
  11. "Well I am certainly glad you have the "meaning of May 21st" figured out."

I'm guessing you don't read/listen/get real news much.
    The end of the world has been rescheduled.

12. stewi0001

stewi0001 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 306   +18

sounds cool but is expected thus I'm not really impressed. If they said 1TB and for a reasonable price then I would be spitting out contents in my mouth on to my computer screen.
  13. princeton

You won't be seeing 1TB ones for a while.
  14. Well its still cheaper than a SSD drive :p

I wonder if i stick one of those in your PC and install windows on it.....
  15. A finger and toe :p
  16. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 941   +82

Its hard to imagine 512 billion useful bits working together at the size of a thumbnail, but cool! I'll take one for my phone please so I can put trivial things on it.
  17. Jibberish18

Jibberish18 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 431   +8

If it produces no errors then sweet. Otherwise it seems like 16 GB MicroSD cards and up seems to have nasty error problems....but maybe that's where no tech involving flash memory comes in? Personally I'd rather see faster MicroSD cards rather than larger. An additional 16GB for example, to my phone would be JUST fine.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.