Kingston DataTraveller issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello experts,
I am facing one paculiar issue with my KINGSTON Datatraveller. When I try to use it, it is not getting detected. But the same is getting detected in my friend's machine. I thought it might be an issue iwth teh USB Port but am able to use and access other flash drives in my machine.

One thing I noticed is, upon plugging in the flash drive, it is getting detected under other devices but not under "USB Controllers". PFA the snap shot of the same

I checked with the registry entries for USBSTOR also and every thing is looking good.

My question is why my pendrive is getting detected in other systems but not in mine when I am able to use other drives in my system.

A solution for this will be highly appreciated

Regards
RK

Attachments

• USB.JPG
    USB.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 7
Brand and model of computer or motherboard? Memory installed? Operating System and Service Pack?

When you go to Start->Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager does it show up there?

Suggest you try a format of the drive in another computer, then try putting it back in the computer in question.

Kingston DataTravellear Issue- System configuration

Brand and model of computer or motherboard? Memory installed? Operating System and Service Pack?

Dell-Desktop - optiflex 740 .... WINDOWS XP - SP2 ... 2GB Ram --- i am not sure of the motherboard.

When you go to Start->Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager does it show up there?

Suggest you try a format of the drive in another computer, then try putting it back in the computer in question.

Hi Ray.. i tried the way given by you but is of no chance. the pendrive is shown under Other devices instead of USB Controller. Even formatting didnt give any positive result

Sorry for your bad luck. Those low price, low technology drives are usually more trouble than they are worth.
We have now made a list of rugged ones and only use those with our client base. The absence of problems is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back