TechSpot

Kotor 1 Black Screen

By Conconquer
Mar 21, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I just bought the Star Wars The Best of PC collection and all the games run fine except for Kotor 1 (Knights Of The Old Republic) all the developer screens come on fine, but once I get to the main menu the screen is black but I can still click on the things and here the music, just no visuals. I've tried uninstalling it and re-installing it a couple of times but there is no change. I also analyzed it and it passed all test except for that I need 4 GB in my D: drive. Could this be the problem ? please suggest things I could do
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,763   +157

What are your computer specs? Hard drive size, memory, CPU and video etc
  3. Conconquer

Conconquer Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Hard drive is 156 GB processor is AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor Video card is Nvidia GeForce 6150 LE Direct X is 9.0 , i'm using an HP Pavilion a 1540n
  4. Tmagic650

"and it passed all test except for that I need 4 GB in my D: drive"...

What? The D drive is a CD ROM right? You need a DVD drive to install Vista, but only a CD ROM to install XP
  5. FoReWoRd

FoReWoRd Newcomer, in training Posts: 238

KOTOR might not like vista?
  6. Conconquer

YEAH, im using XP
  7. tweakboy

tweakboy TechSpot Maniac Posts: 518

Kotor lol is old isnt it ? Im sure you can get it to work if you try older drivers for your v card..gl
  8. Conconquer

lol yes it is, but it's still a great game and I might try those older drivers then although the game requirements dont look too old
  9. Tmagic650

"and it passed all test except for that I need 4 GB in my D: drive"...

So what does this mean?
  10. Conconquer

I ran a computer spec analyzer that came with the game and it passed all the tests required to play the game exept for that one, because I need 4 GBs of space in my D: drive and I onbly have 436 MBs so maybe I could tell it to put that data or whatever it needs somewhere else
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.