L.A. Noire coming to the PC this fall

Emil

Staff

Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, and Team Bondi, have announced that L.A. Noire will be arriving this fall for the PC, at retail and digitally. The PC version of L.A. Noire is being developed by Rockstar Leeds. A more specific release date has not been given yet, and neither has a price, but it will likely cost the same as the console version.

The PC version will run on a wide range of PCs and feature customization, including keyboard remapping and gamepad functionality to both optimize and customize the performance and user experience. It will also feature 3D support, but even if you don't go down that road, it will come with increased fidelity and graphical enhancements over the console versions. Here's a description of the game:

L.A. Noire is a crime thriller set in post World War II Los Angeles. As Detective Cole Phelps, players must search for clues, interrogate suspects and chase down criminals to solve a series of cases inspired by real world incidents. As he rises through the ranks of the LAPD, Phelps comes face-to-face with the corrupt heart of Los Angeles: from fallen starlets to double-dealing police officers and the vast reaches of the criminal underworld - and finally, the darkness of his own personal demons.

L.A. Noire was released for Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Sony's PlayStation 3 on May 17, 2011. Since then, L.A. Noire has shipped approximately 4 million units worldwide. The game is rated M for Mature by the ESRB.

"L.A. Noire is a new type of game that makes players see through a detective's eyes in 1940s Los Angeles," Sam Houser, founder of Rockstar Games, said in a statement. "Its unique blend of story, action and crime solving will be perfect to play on PC."

In December 2010, I wrote about how the game uses a brand new type of facial capture technology called MotionScan, which recreates a person's face into a high-resolution 3D image. The technology is very impressive and makes the gameplay that much more realistic. I haven't covered the game since because it turned out to be console-only, but now that this has changed, I'll be sure to keep a close eye on it.

Permalink to story.

Sweet! I've been asking for this, I even sent R* a message asking if they were going to release for PC. After playing Mafia II this game looked like a good alternative, but I soon found it was console only. I haven't really looked at reviews of La Noire but i'm hoping there are similar freedom and interactive features as were in GTA IV.

I hope they release a demo early so we can try it out!

Honestly have to say that I wasn't expecting this from Rockstar... Perhaps that means that there's hope for a PC-version of Red Dead Redemption? Although it's probably way too long after the console release of RDR to make that a viable option (marketing and financially wise).

Anyway, it's great news. Hopefully it sells well, that's the only way to convince developers to release PC and console versions at the same time. (Although Rockstar has a bit of a reputation for only releasing PC ports quite a while after a game's launch on the consoles, GTA IV would be a good example I think).

Awesome! Thanks Rockstar.. Now, please, please give us Red Dead Redemption on PC... Pretty please?

wow that is awsome they are bring that out for pc. if rockstar would bring out red dead redemption that would be really sweet for the pc.

Seems like RDR would be the real crowd pleaser. I wonder why Rockstar isn't delivering. Is LA Noire based on a different engine? Perhaps R* is still reeling from the problems from GTA4, and is worried that RDR would suffer similar problems, given that it's the same engine?

Despite some of GTA 4's annoyances and performance issues I still really enjoyed it on the PC. I played 114 hours according to Steam, and that was even after I finished the game. It is just a fun world to play around in... I'll confess I got it for $8.50 on a Steam special, and it was well more than worth that. I would of paid $50 for it but was broke when it came out.

RDR looks very fun, I would like to see that for PC as well.

But T2I need to be very cautious on console ports to PC, as any major screw ups and the PC community will rip the port a new arsehole. So all I can say to the devs is TAKE YOUR TIME and clean everything up before releasing. You have a good, solid game without major glitches and bugs when it comes out and you'll get high praise i'm sure. Still, there are plenty of us in it for the long run... but it just pisses us off when you release a buggy *** game.

I am definitely going to buy this...was waiting eagerly for the PC port..
the technology used to create the facial animation is awesome

rockstar ports to PC arent very good so this news doesnt excite me. Poster above me mentions 'bully' as a very good example. I always end up buying them cheap on steam and then never really playing them . Enjoyed them on the console though . RDR is one of the best games ever LANoire while something diffrent isnt in the same league as GTA4 and RDR. Least rockstar tried something diffrent.

Like others here I'm more interested in Red Dead Redemption than L.A. Noire for the PC.

Anothe vote for Red Dead Redemption on PC. A definite purchase if it ever happens.

gingerbill said:
RDR is one of the best games ever LANoire while something diffrent isnt in the same league as GTA4 and RDR. Least rockstar tried something diffrent.

It was different because it wasn't Rockstar team that developed this game, it was developed by Team Bondi, Rockstar was just mainly the publisher on this one and the reason why it branches out a bit away from GTA formula. This is why you're getting LA noire on PC than RDR.

Don't expect any main "Rockstar" game anytime soon if ever. Their focus has shifted mainly on the console market.

Back