Lagging runescape on a gaming like computer?

1. So heres the thing,

Runescape is lagging on my computer and its only a year and a bit old and to be honest runescape shouldnt be laggin on a computer with the specs it has...

Specs: (I'm guessing you guys know what this stuff means coz clearly I don't.. )
    Intel Core i7-860 2.8GHz 4MB Cache
    8GB DDR3 1333MHz Memory
    1.5TB SATA 3GB/s Hard Disk Drive NCQ
    Blu-Ray Writer
    nVidia Geforce N220GT-1GB PCI-E Graphics
    19 in 1 Media Card Reader
    Tv Tuner Card
    Windows 7 - 64 BIT Edition
    Modem is brand new and my PC is plugged straight into it via an ethernet cord that is a few years old i must say.

I have run virus scans and there is nothing that comes up Ive done a disk frag, disk clean up and a restore. Atm, im using 0.8% CPU and 40% RAM and that with 4 tabs open in total, I normally have 12 tabs and it works fine when runescape isnt up. How can i see whats using all my RAM and why is it lagging? Please Please Please someone smart help me :) Oh and what is a tv tuner card? and how do i make it work if it does something :)

Cheers :)
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,682   +153

You may have some programs running in the background when you play runescape. What antivirus program are you running? A TV tuner card is a device that allows you to view live TV on your computer. There is a cable TV connector on the back of your computer. You have to connect a TV cable or antenna to this connector to be able to use the TV card
  3. PrincessBella

PrincessBella Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Um, I think its called avast :S Thats what I got told to use. And how do I check for programs running in the background? Oh and thanks for the Tv info too! :)
  4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,682   +153

Remove Avast and download and install Microsoft Security Essentials. See if the lagging stops
  5. PrincessBella

PrincessBella Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Okay thank you! :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.