Laggy netbook!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I'm pretty much an ***** when it comes to computers, have always had someone around that is an IT wiz to fix stuff for me. After getting laid off I can't afford to have Justin do anything for me anymore! I've used this site a couple of times before to fix little issues but can't figure this one out! Hope this is in the right place!

I have an Eee PC1000HA not sure of all the specifics. One day the background changed from my pic to black and everything lags now. Online or offline its the same, WMP Youtube etc. My typing is lagging right now. I've only had this thing for about 8 months.

Most of my use is pictures, youtube, liveleak, break, facebook, and mail. I have AVG 8.5 installed and it makes a daily scan but isnt picking up anything. Any tips?

Which OS is on that model? I have the newer one from ASUS but I have Windows 7 Ultimate with 2GB PC26400 on now. To me sounds like some pest go onto your system and is running it slower. Go under safe mode press [F8] before you load into windows, then press safe mode. Run AVG again. You could use MSE from Microsoft instead.

Asus EeePC1000HA

Which OS is on that model? I have the newer one from ASUS but I have Windows 7 Ultimate with 2GB PC26400 on now. To me sounds like some pest go onto your system and is running it slower. Go under safe mode press [F8] before you load into windows, then press safe mode. Run AVG again. You could use MSE from Microsoft instead.

Asus EeePC1000HA was using XP Home. I have the same problems on my EeePC1000HE one time which everythings are working fine except the picture & video. I backup all my important data then using the recovery CD come with it and re-install Window thru an external CDRW drive. After the re-install, everything is back to normal until now.

Asus EeePC1000HA was using XP Home. I have the same problems on my EeePC1000HE one time which everythings are working fine except the picture & video. I backup all my important data then using the recovery CD come with it and re-install Window thru an external CDRW drive. After the re-install, everything is back to normal until now.

You know you can install any of the newer OS from USB(SDHC 4GB) or MicroSDHC 4GB) on the netbook. That's how I got Windows 7 Ultimate on Asus Eee PC. Here's my video on YT to show you what I mean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozBKqbG-woE

No need to use any USB DVD/CD bla, bla.. Well glad it working for you..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back