TechSpot

Laggy videos

By Ryan97dt
Aug 19, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, it's recently hit me that I need to find a way to fix a dilima that has aggrevated me for quite some time. Nearly every video that I try to watch (YouTube videos mainly) are completely laggy/jumpy. The audio is fine, it's just the actual video content that is a mess. I've tried reinstalling the newest version of Flash Player and Java, but that did nothing.

I recently installed a program that gathers some information about my computer, so if anyone could give me some pointers on what I should be looking at to fix this laggy video issue, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,
    Ryan
  2. OpTiMuSpRiMe

OpTiMuSpRiMe TS Rookie Posts: 211

well for starters what video card do you have ( onboard vs card )..also what kind of internet connection do you have??too slow of an internet connection since it is streaming media will run slow and always want to buffer the video..
  3. Ryan97dt

Ryan97dt TS Rookie Topic Starter

Video card: PCI Express x16 : NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT and I have a DSL internet connection.
  4. mopar man

mopar man TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,492

Maybe try updating your graphics card driver here:
    nvidia.com
  5. Ryan97dt

Ryan97dt TS Rookie Topic Starter

I installed the latest driver and restarted my computer, but that didn't seem to do anything. I went back to the website to make sure that it was the most updated driver and, unfortunately, it was "Your PC currently has the latest driver installed for your GPU. No driver update is necessary at this time. - 175.19". :(
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.