TechSpot

Lan connection problem disconnection and reconnecting

By techalpha69
Sep 10, 2009
  1. can anyone help me here pls

In noticed that when i plug my ethernet cord in the LAN ethernet intergrated port my local area connection 2 keeps connecting and disconnecting. It tries to connect for about 12sec then it tries to reconnect for about 5-6sec, and this keeps doing that same process over and over. I have noticed in the back the amber light blinks every 3sec and the green light is solid. Do you think the port is about the fail or can i have any suggestion? I also reset the modem and disconnect the cable and put plug them back in.

2. brucethetech

brucethetech TS Enthusiast Posts: 301

you say its connection 2 do you have another nic also what is the end result after waiting to connect (limited or no connectivity or media disconnected or what)

3. techalpha69

techalpha69 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 24

no i have only the build-in ethernet port on the motherboard
    it just keep trying to connect

4. bludfist

bludfist TS Rookie Posts: 25

Do you have another ethernet cable to test with the modem and your computer? It could be a faulty wire in the cable. =)

Also, what are your computer specs? Have you downloaded the latest networking drivers for your computer?

5. techalpha69

techalpha69 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 24

no i don't have a ethernet cable but i using the same cable to test a other computer and it works no problem at all. I really thinking it's the ethernet port that's not working.
    it's a gatway 310s
    1024 gb
    40gb hard drive

6. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,506   +238

You could try disabling the port and re-enabling it to reset it. Go to Network Connections and right click on it, chose Disable, wait a few seconds then enable again.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.