TechSpot

Laptop connected to internet but internet webpages don't load

By Ang6434
Feb 4, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. First off, Hello everyone! I am Angela and I am having some problems with my laptop and maybe you can help me. I have checked my wireless connection and I am connected through a wireless router in my home. When I click on Internet Explore it says "this page cannot be displayed". When I went into reason why it could not be displayed it said that my firewall settings needed changed. I went into my firewall settings and they are blurred out and there is a headline that says "for your security, firewall is controlled by group policy" or something to that nature. I ran a malware scan and spyware scan and both cam back clean. I have had viruses on my computer in the past and am wondering if maybe a virus is blocking me from accessing the internet. I am not able to download any virus software onto my computer since I do not have the internet. I dont know too much about computers so If anyone has any advice that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! :)

2. deanlaing12

deanlaing12 TS Enthusiast Posts: 161

Make sure that ork offline isnt tiked in the file menue on ie.

turn off firewall and see if it work,s thenn configure it if it dose work

in run type: services.msc

make sure that wireless is set to automatic and then start it if not alredy started

reset the laptop and chek if it working now, if not then:

get avg free edition

stop auto restore point

run scann

run hijack this

run ccleaner

reset laptop

see if it working now

if not then another option that is sure to 100% fix this isssue will be to boot your laptop

if you dont want to then find other ways for instance repairing ;D

if still not work then just listen to the pros ;D

3. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,426   +317

IF you take the laptop to a corporate work environment and have 'JOINED' a domain,
    then you WILL have issues like this.

Is this the case?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.