Laptop doesn't like milk

Status
Not open for further replies.
My little boy has spilt milk over my Toshiba G20 laptop it is still working except the 2 buttons at the front of my touch pad also my DVD writer is not reading any disks and when I eject the disk it comes out slowly the DVD drive does not have a tray it just has a slot I have tried to open the back but when I remove every screw it won't separate. I got round the button thing by disabling my touch pad. Is it expensive for a new DVD writer to be fitted.

Jeff

Since you can't get the thing open yourself, you should take the machine to a repair shop and have them clean it out thoroughly. Without cleaning, when mould and corrosion kick in you may face far more serious issues than those you are having now.

Far better to take it to a repair shop. Laptops are not easily serviceable by end-users

I spilled milk on my hp laptop 2 years ago, took it to a repair shop to get cleaned, cost me 150 bucks but it worked afterwards

jeffblockley said:
My little boy has spilt milk over my Toshiba G20 laptop ...
Jeff

Cleaning can be done, when the parts are disassembled. The touchpad can be washed in this order by window cleaner (with detergent), demineralized water and afterwards, in order to forcen drying process, with isopropanol. Let the parts dry until you can no longer smell the alcohol.

I can not recommend cleaning the CD-Drive in this manner, because any grease will be washed away as well. Just the laser-lens may be cleaned by a CD-cleaning kit.

Good luck

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back