Laptop doesnt recognise memory card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trackboi

Hey i got this laptop about 6 or 7 months ago and it has always had the problem where it wouldnt recognise the micro SD card that I put into the slot.

I have the Acer travelmate 5710 and am using two memory adaptors one is a 'DSE' and a sandisk microSD/transflash adaptor (I have a microSD 2GB card.)

when i insert it, a little remove safely comes up in the bottom tool bar and in 'My computer' there is a little picture of a memory card and i double click it, then it says "Please insert a disk into drive F" and im like, err there is a disk in there (my memory card) Do I have the memory card drive ( F: ) configured as a CD drive instead of memory card drive? Help me please someone.

unfortunately not all laptop use all different brands of memory.
make sure you know the max amount of memory the system takes if you exceed that it will not reconize it and also find out what the brnd was originally and go with that brand but to answer the sd question see if there is a bios upgrae as well as removeable drive drivers on there website. if not you are out of luck. sorry if i got carrie away in the beginning lol. good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back