Laptop doesn't turn on

chena87

I have a HP pavilion dv6000 had some viruses on it and they help me in the spyware forums. after they told me to update windows and i did but when it restarted the laptop never turned back on again. when i hit the power button all the lights flicker really quick and turn right off, the power supply plug on side is blue when its plugged in and the charge says its charging. i tried different memory and battery. anything else i can try? any help would be appreciated

You may have to pull out the CMOS battery on the motherboard if it is user replaceable. Try and hold down the power button for 30 seconds with the AC adapter and battery removed... connect the AC adapter and try to power up the laptop

I can't imagine that Windows Updates or spyware damaged the laptop, or its hard drive. Try removing the hard drive and see if the laptop responds with the opening screen before booting into Windows...

logisticsct,
chena87 already took the hard drive out, but he should have heard noises from the laptop if the display was bad and the computer was actually booting normally... Since the lights all go out, we can say that the laptop isn't booting at all

Back