Laptop freezes, bsods when using torrent programs

Faunzy

Hello as specified in the title my laptop freezes, bsods whenever I use torrent programs like utorrent bittorrent and so on. Well when I turn the pc on and for example start downloading a movie halfway through it crashes. Then when it turns back on I can download anything freely. But not always. Sometimes it crashes again. Anyhow it's random like that. The windows were reinstalled not long ago and it's been doing that since then. I tried installing heaps of different drivers, newer older, somewhere in-between versions checking my antivirus and so on. I found one solution on some forum that helped someone and it's disabling task offload in device manager network adapter properties. Thing is there is no such thing as "task offload" on my adapters settings. Hope someone ran into this problem before and would be able to help me. Thank you in advance, good sir!
Here is some specifications from my dxdiag:
Oh and since dxdiag doesn't specify my adapters name here it is - JMicron PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Adapter(dunno if you even need it) By the way dxdiag is lying about my laptop model. It's X52F not K52F
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 4/24/2013, 12:35:37
Machine name: DOVIS-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
System Model: K52F
BIOS: BIOS Date: 10/30/09 15:13:23 Ver: 08.00.10
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 370 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3884MB RAM
Page File: 2111MB used, 5655MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics (Core i3)
DAC type: Internal
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0046&SUBSYS_1BE21043&REV_18
Display Memory: 1696 MB
Dedicated Memory: 64 MB
Shared Memory: 1632 MB
Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: unknown
Monitor Id: LGD0250
Native Mode: 1366 x 768(p) (59.973Hz)
Output Type: Internal
Driver Name: igdumd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igdumdx32,igd10umd32
Driver File Version: 8.15.0010.2125 (English)
Driver Version: 8.15.10.2125
DDI Version: 10
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 4/30/2010 10:19:34, 6534656 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: n/a
WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
Device Identifier: {D7B78E66-4306-11CF-BE7B-E83BB8C2C535}
Vendor ID: 0x8086
Device ID: 0x0046
SubSys ID: 0x1BE21043
Revision ID: 0x0018
Driver Strong Name: oem25.inf:Intel.Mfg.NTamd64:iILKM0:8.15.10.2125:pci\ven_8086&dev_0046
Rank Of Driver: 00E62001

What antivirus/antimalware programs are you running? Are there any yellow exclamation points in the device manager?

Microsoft Security Essentials. Yeah there is 3 Base System Devices in the "other devices" section with the exclamation marks, though I have no idea what devices they are, dunno how to get rid of em.

Base system devices are part of the motherboard chipset driver, and one could be a card reader driver. You get these from the laptops support website. The need to be installed, not removed

I have downloaded all the drivers from the support website. I mean as in getting rid of the problems not the drivers. :)

So are some of those base system devices gone now, or are they still there? Sometimes these are taken care of by using Windows Update while including all the optional updates

No they are still there. I tried support website, I tried windows updates, I tried upgrading them, I tried installing the drivers from some cd I had.

I had a client that had something similar, where the computer would crash randomly/turn off.

Turns out that when they plugged it to the internet, they had a pirated copy of a software that sent some type of signal that affected the machine.

Not saying that it is the issue, but perhaps that might be one possibility?

Hardly. I am using the same software I used before reinstalling windows. And it's not happening randomly. It only happens when I'm downloading through torrents. It even can be turned on seeding. But if I download something with it - it will crash.

No they are still there. I tried support website, I tried windows updates, I tried upgrading them, I tried installing the drivers from some cd I had.
You should never use the drivers from a supplied CD, except maybe a network driver to be able to get on-line. They are guaranteed to be old. Google ACER base system device and see if the drivers can be found that way. You are sure all the Windows updates have been applied?

I know they are old drivers. I've tried old, new, in-between. Why do you want me to search for Acer drivers when I do not possess Acer products? If you meant Asus then I don't understand what for if I can get the base drivers from Asus support website, which I did. I mean isn't the manufacturers website the best place to find the newest drivers? Yes, all windows updates have been applied. Please don't tell me you're gonna recommend restarting my computer next ^^ I would like to try disabling Task Offload on my adapter, but as I said there is no such option in the driver properties. Maybe you have an idea where I could find it? 'Cuz so far it's my best bet. The only actual solution that I managed to find.

Oops, I did mean Asus... You have to clear those base system device drivers (!) by getting the correct drivers. As I said, at least 2 of them would be corrected by installing the motherboard chipset drivers. If you can't find them, you must search for them by skillfully using a Google search. Something like "Asus Chipset Drivers" or "Asus base system device drivers"... Because these drivers are missing, this tells me that you have changed the OS that was originally installed on the laptop

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff571012(v=vs.85).aspx

If you are able to you might see if any of your friends or colleagues have EVEREST by LAVALYS and try running their system scan. It'll look at your base system drivers and even give you the link to where you can get the drivers for them.

I don't know of a free solution...but I think you can try to use their trial software. Just google Everest by Lavalys.

*I think last time I checked they were changing the name of the software to AIDA64 or something...

Hope that helps.

Back