Laptop gets stuck on XP boot screen

By flarus
Jun 26, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. ok basically guys the problem im having is i get the options for start windows last known good configuration, if i use them two it just gets stuck on the windows XP boot screen, it doesnt seem to crash as the bar at the bottom still scrolls.
    If i try to run it in safe mode, it starts to run the lines but as soon as it gets to \windows\system32\drivers\Mup.sys it will sit on this line for about a minute or two. Once it has it will quickly blue screen for a split second and restart to the boot options menu. It goes so fast that i cannot take any information off the blue screen error.
    This laptop does not actually belong to me as i am just trying to help fix or recover files from the hard drive, so i do not know the system specs, or if anything new has been installed, or drivers updated before this started to happen. To me this just seems like i have no choice but to just throw it out the window but hopefully you lovely people out there can help me stop this from happening
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,233   +234

The hard drive is probably badly corrupted or just bad...