Laptop Help/Advice

My laptop is nearing five years old. An 80GB HD, 1GB Ram Toshiba Satellite and basically it's got to the stage where not much likes to work on it and when it does work it takes six or seven tries to get it going. The reformat disc is no longer recognised so I can't just use that and start over (like I usually would). Anyway, so, I'm in need of something new. Something bigger, better and badder.

All I know about laptops is more hard drive space is good and bigger Ram is good also. So basically, I need your help. Suggestions. Hard drive space isn't much of an issue to me as I generally put all my important stuff on my external hard drive but I want something which is going to run as quick as it can whilst I've got various things open. I also though am a University student so don't want to break the bank for a new laptop. A laptop that comes with a disc to reformat (just incase) would be nice also.

3GB Ram or more would make me happy and a 120GB hard drive? I don't really know. I have no idea about processors or any of that rubbish.

due to piracy and convenience many manufacturers have stopped putting the reformat disc in the box and are using recorvery partitions. dont let RAM be a deal breaker. you can purchase up to 4GB of Ram now for about $30.

Well it's not piracy, it's because it's cheaper. And manufacturers found a loop hole for users must have an OS media sold with their computer (if Windows is installed)

Back