Laptop internet really slow

So a couple of days ago I turned on my laptop and I went to go play league of legends with my friend and it loaded very slow and then crashed. Also when I was talking on skype or any other talking app my friends said that I sounded like a robot. I was told by a friend that it could be a bad network adapter but im not sure because somebody else said its either really good or dead and internet would not work. I tried loading other games but some more internet consuming games wouldnt load either or would be very slow and laggy. Only games that didnt take much like minecraft would load and the browser is a moderate speed. I know its not my internet because I have tried 3 internets n its all the same thing. I dont know what to do.

If machine is a couple of years old and never been cleaned, that could be the issue (heat build-up due to dust blocking vents). Look for instruction on YouTube for your laptop. If you do open it up, set up for it with large clean work space and keep careful organization of the screws - a 'long one' in a 'short one' place can give endless grief.

Then:
- check device manager for errors and event viewer for error events
- run chkdsk /f on HDD and, if 'good', run disk cleanup and then defrag
- review drivers at manufacturer's websites and update as necessary.

Back