TechSpot

Laptop LCD

By GeekieNick101
Aug 16, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop and when I first got it at the time I didnt know how to clean the LC so I cleaned it with Water and a paper towel how I clean CRT mointers. So now when you touch the LCD a large area of the mointer will be affected and normaly when someone touchs a LCD just a small area will "move" be affected. I tihnk when I cleaned it with water I ruined it. What does anyone else thing? I have accidental warranty so it is ok if it is ruined because I guess Dell will replace it?

Thank you every one for reading my post

2. CrossFire851

CrossFire851 TS Rookie Posts: 1,058

Never use a rigety surface like a paper towel, you might as well be using sandpaper, no jk. But really you should use a cotton base material like a white-t and some rubbing alcohol. This is a good method of cleaning all different types of monitores and cd's, etc.

3. GeekieNick101

GeekieNick101 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 524

Thank you very much, but also I have a question when I cleaned the LCD with water did it prose any damage to the LCD?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.