Laptop mic turns my voice into male's

I think my audio has a problem but I do not know how to fix it.My normal voice turned into male voice.When I am recording or even when I am talking to my family, they said that it's not my normal voice.I am a female but when you heard my voice in a laptop, it is a male voice.Please help me to fix this.Please

something mayb wrong with either the microphone itself or with the microphone settings

When you're playing ordinary music; does it sound darker/in a deeper tone than usual?

If it does, then you should check your speaker-settings, or the speakers themselves (provided your feeling like popping the laptop open :p ) - laptop speakers tend to be (atleast in some way) of lesser quality. I.e. they some times start to sound strange after a few years or so.

If the music plays just fine, then your microphone is likely to be the villain. Go ahead with Punkid's suggestion, check your microphone settings (this problem is likely caused by the "microphone playback"-setting if present).

Or try checking the microphone itself: (in some way:) record a piece of music, save it to a USB-flashstick or CD or whatever suits you best, now try to play it in another computer.

Does your voice still sound male? If so, then the problem is certainly caused by your microphone (or your microphone settings).

Provided you know how to find those settings... it can be very tricky i.e. searching through the control-panel, and after audio-software that came as bloatware and so on.

Hope this helps!

Has this always been happening or has it only just started?

If it has only just started happening, do what Punkid said and check your microphones settings. Could be an effect or something. If that doesnt help then it could also be the microphone going bad.

If you know how, you could also try reinstalling the driver software for your sound card and/or microphone. If you dont know how to do this, ask someone that knows to help you.

Thank you!!

Thank you to all those who reply. But, it was started 2 months ago, and I already check my microphone settings.It is set in default settings.If I play a music, it is okay.And even if I am watching movie, the sound is okay.Its just my voice.I tried recording my voice and play it, it sounds like male.But I will try your suggestion to play it in another computer.But what will I do if it is sounds okay in another computer?Please,,I really really need your help..Please!!!

Unless your computer is running a UNIX-based OS like Macintosh or Linux, then your voice is very, very, very likely to sound male in another computer.

If the music and general sound sounds just fine, then we've successfully located your problem to your microphone. As the settings are default ones, there might be a problem with the mic. itself - hardware-related that is. Changing the mic. on a laptop is a very delicate process, though.

If a recording does sound just fine in another computer, then the problem is instead very likely to be related to "special microphone playback". Although Windows scrapped this thingy when windows XP SP2 arrived.

And if it sounds male in another computer, your mic. is probably the culprit.

In my opinion you have to try an external microphone so that it will help you to know that is the microphone having voice error or settings need to be done correctly...

I think my audio has a problem but I do not know how to fix it.My normal voice turned into male voice.When I am recording or even when I am talking to my family, they said that it's not my normal voice.I am a female but when you heard my voice in a laptop, it is a male voice.Please help me to fix this.Please

i got a friend who experience the same thing. except her voice only transforms when calling using windows live messenger only.

what I suggest you to do is to first reinstall the sound driver, preferably update it. if you have recorded your own voice and it is distorted, then it has many things to do with your sound configuration.

Similar problem

im having a similar problem but mine is not as serious my laptop is making my voice sound like im singing into a hollow metal barrel without an echo. idk what to do about mine but i need to fix mine soon have an album coming out soon and im screwed at this point. but good luck

Well in laptop,s all the facilities are available especially you can convert your voice in to male or female so you could change your voice by keeping it on default if the problem is coming in your way and ask other who listen your voice they also do there settings in to default then your problem could be solve

Well in laptop,s all the facilities are available especially you can convert your voice in to male or female so you could change your voice by keeping it on default if the problem is coming in your way and ask other who listen your voice they also do there settings in to default then your problem could be solve

Roughly what I was going to say. if it is a built in microphone in a laptop or part of a webcam they sometimes often provide 3rd party software which has an option to disguise your voice. Check that there is no such setting (logitech or microsoft webcam/mic software). If you find nothing in the settings then try and borrow another microphone from a friend and test that out. Nothing easier than the basic testing to rule out a hardware problem :)

Back