Laptop not shutting down properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

prianca

my friend's lappy has got a problem guyz... her lappy is getting restarted again nd again. so she formatted it and her wireless drivers are gone,the screen resolution 1366*768 option is not coming and one more thing is it is not shutting down properly. the screen remains indefinetely at shutting down only. her laptop is emachines E725 and she is using xp

If I'm reading the two threads correctly, priana's first post was about:
My Taskmanager is not popping out when am clicking ctrl+alt+del
my task manager is not popping out.my laptop was infected with trojan previously and i updated my kaspersky.now its running properly. but there was no ctrl panel access nd regedit access. so i searched some forums nd rectified it..but i was not able to do anything with task manager.... pls do help me with this ..https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic135087.html
Malware is indicated on your syatem.

This post is about:
Laptop not shutting down properly
my friend's lappy has got a problem guyz... her lappy is getting restarted again nd again. so she formatted it and her wireless drivers are gone,the screen resolution 1366*768 option is not coming and one more thing is it is not shutting down properly. the screen remains indefinetely at shutting down only. her laptop is emachines E725 and she is using xp.
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic135260.html

They were actually both started at the same time.

Am I correct priana- two different systems- yours and your friends?

Your friend should use the Event Viewer to look for any Error that corresponds to the time of the hangs:

Start> Run> type in eventvwr

Do this on each the System and the Applications logs:
[1]. Click to open the log>
[2]. Look for the Error>
[3] .Right click on the Error> Properties>
[4]. Click on Copy button, top right, below the down arrow >
[5]. Paste here (Ctrl V)
[6].NOTES
  • You can ignore Warnings and Information Events.
  • If you have a recurring Error with same ID#, same Source and same Description, only one copy is needed.
  • You don't need to include the lines of code in the box below the Description, if any.
  • Please do not copy the entire Event log.

Errors are time coded. Check the computer clock on reboot.
Most likely you will see a Hanging Application in the Errors. Once that is identified, we can handle it and hopefully resolve the shutdown problem.

NOTE:

This thread is for the topic Laptop Not Shutting Down Properly.

This is not seen as the same system where member posted a duplicate. That thread will be handled separately and will only be for the topic My Taskmanager is not popping out when am clicking ctrl+alt+del

prianca, you should not mix systems one one thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back