Laptop not turning on

Status
Not open for further replies.

levar

could it be static electricity? It was working but then it stopped working the same day I just brought it home took it out to use then it just won't turn on.. :S I tried taking out the battery then plug it in AC nothing pit battery back in nothing its just not turning on period. I'm thinking I need a new battery? The laptop's called; by HP btw nc64000

turns out its my AC Adapter thats messed up, I need to get a new one.

Tell us brand and model, as well as configuration and age of the computer.
Common causes are failed hard drive, failed cpu fan or other cooling fan, failed screen inverter, failed memory module, dust - dirt - lint- fiber - hair in the cpu cooling system... and just about any over-heating issue.

I've already posted everything the model "nc64000" HP and I also said turns out its my AC Adapter thats messed up, I need to get a new one.I went to best buy and the guy there plugged his adapter in and it worked the bad thing about it, it costs $90 o.O?

You can get a good chinese adapter on eBay for $12 to $27, depending on seller. They work fine. Have had less problems with the chinese ones, than with those from HP. You can search eBay by your model number.

I started with universals like Targus and RayOVac, with multi-tips, but you can wind up with a generic AC as mentioned, about the same price range. $15 to $20 USD.

Sometimes less! Shoot for less.

Another thing that can hamper startups is if the contact power switch fails, this is because the plastic covers bend to touch a button fast attached to the main board, these are flimsy plastic in the fascia covers, those remove and replace.
Buttons breaking on a motherboard/mobo, however, MUCH harder to repair, if at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back