Laptop/PC lag

Hey;

I have an acer 5741-3404 and when im playing games such as WoW, HL2, COD, SC2, and some older games; Majesty/starcraft 1, diablo 2, diablo 2 LOD I keep getting little lag spikes online or offline.

I have done the basics gone into registry changed the values to some and reversed them back to original because it did nothing, I deleted my anti-virus software, updated all video/sound drivers rerolled them back as well and manually updated, I have done the setting the priority to high in the task manager, set compatibility to windows xp SP3 and different options, I set the games on the lowest possible settings, and tried on the highest settings nothing changed.

I believe I am out of options I dl'd hardware testing software to see if i had PC issues, nothing happened cleaned out my fans and took my laptop apart cleaned it out, nothing changed.

I really need some help with this when I used an old CISNET from 2005 windows xp 1gb ram, 256 MB vid card the games run amazing i mean the quality totally sucks but there is never a lag spike.

Can someone offer me some help please and ty?

Back