TechSpot

Laptop plays sound only thru headphones

By lindkaye3
Oct 23, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi - new here and hoping someone can give me advice. Have a Dell inspiron laptop and all of a sudden it will only play sound thru the headphones - not the internal speakers (not sure if kids did something or...??) . I am not computer savy - but found where I could run diagnostic at startup and testing the sound - it played just fine with the internal speakers during the test. I have tried all the diagnostic tests that I could find. Is there some type of internal switch that could not be turning on for the internal speakers? Again -don't know much - but can't afford a hefty repair bill. Thanks for any advice I think the computer has sigma tel high def...??

Lindkaye
  2. Ididmyc600

Ididmyc600 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,251

Hi

i found this on my brothers inspiron 9400, there was a setting in the audio properties that was set, i cant remember it now but i found it by accident, he was running XP by the way.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.